1.11.2010

9 Months Old and All Is Well

Maggie had her 9-month old check-up this morning ... which included NO SHOTS! She didn't have a clue, but I was ecstatic!!

Maggie is doing very well, in case you don't live close enough to hear the screams of joy eminating from our condo daily and reach that conclusion for yourselves. She is a HAPPY and LOUD baby :) Rolls around everywhere, scoots everywhere, bangs things, flings things, yells at things (cats!) and puts all things in her mouth ... she can be quite the little whirl of activity ... and she's not even crawling yet!

She weighs 17 pounds even and is 26.5 inches - still on the low side of the growth chart, but considering that she was a full 7 weeks early, the doctor is very pleased with her progress, and said that Maggie is actually "catching up" fairly quickly (apparently most preemies "catch up" to their age group by about age 2).

In other, completely unrelated news: I have yet to take down my Christmas stuff. I usually leave it all up until the Saturday after Epiphany anyway, so I should have taken it down this past weekend, but I just couldn't. It's so pretty sitting in the living room with the tree lights on and I'm just not ready to let that go. Hubby's comment was "then leave it up a while" so at least he's willing be one of those People Who Don't Take Christmas Down On Time with me. Either that or he just doesn't want to have to climb into the attic for boxes. I'm actually leaning towards option 2. And since he'll be away this coming weekend, it's likely we will have Christmas up for at least another 2 weeks.

Oh, darn :)

Of course, it is a little weird to be holding onto Christmas decorations when the weather is in the 70s. In January. In the 70s in January. Sigh. I miss having a winter.

Happy Monday, y'all!